Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 24, 2009

Trapped!

Yesterday morning, I was up a little ealier than Grace. For some reason, Grace likes to sleeps in late (er...not a good habit). As she's still very sound asleep, I decided to take my bath first. So off I went to the bathroom, which is just two steps from my bedroom door. When I'm done taking my bath, I heard knocks on the door. Obviously, Grace is already up and is knocking on the bedroom door for some one to help her open the door. So, I took 2 steps and hands on the door knob to open the bedroom door. Twist and turn, then twist and turn again. Argh.....Grace seems to have press on the look button. I thought to myself, no worries. We have this whole bunch of bedroom keys. So I search through the bunch of keys and OMG....none of it could open the door.

Now I'm a little panic. I'm afraid that Grace might get scared being alone in the room too long. I tried the keys again. Nope....no hope. I called hubby to let him know. Then I wake my sister-in-law up. We tried the keys again. Nope...nothing. Then Phaik Sim says that we could try using a card. Off she went to her room to get a suitable card (it needs to be flexible) and started to slide it through the gap. It was tight, but in the end we managed to get the door open. To my relieve. Thanks Phaik Sim for helping. I need to really learn to not be panic when things happen.

What then was the reaction of the little one inside the room? Well, read on.

Here I was, outside the room, worrying that she might get scared (I'm not worried that she will get hurt as my room is infant or toddler safe, no bed, no sharp item). But to my surprise, she did not cry or even whimper for a moment. I told her to try to turn the knob, but it seems that the knob is far too tight for a little girl. Below are a few of our conversation, or rather what Grace said.

Mummy: 韵,你等一下。 (Yun-her chinese name, you wait a little while ok.)
Grace: Mummy, 你进来找我。 (Mummy, come in please.)
Mummy: Ok, 你等。 (Ok,wait.)
Grace: Mummy, 你的电话。 (Mummy your phone is ringing)
Mummy: (thinking that it was hubby calling Grace, told her to talk to the phone, telling her that it's daddy).
Grace: Hello? Hello? HELLO? (capital letters to show her impatience for not hearing the caller)
When the door finally opens,
Grace: Mummy, 你们做什么? (Mummy, what were you doing?) And laughing all the way.

Gosh.....here I was worrying for her, and there she was enjoying the moment and could even get angry with caller, whom is not talking on the other line. It appears that it's just the sms alert.

No comments: