Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 1, 2009

G is for Grace

It had been almost 3 years since Grace joined us, my little girl will be celebrating her birthday on 26th of this month. Looking back these 3 years and the few years before I was pregnant, I can't help but proclaim that God's grace was, is and will be showering upon us.

Here I scrap on the word Grace. It's a challenge over at Scrapping out LOUD, using over sized embellishment and/or alphas. At the same time, I'm using Twisted Sketch #021 with the twist of "Alpha".




Many things happen on this layout.
1. I die-cut the flower border from Cosmo cricket early bird collection by using a die-cut machine called, my hand and craft knife.


2. If you see the sketch above, I replaced the photo on the top left corner with my over sized "g", running over to the lower row. I switch the photo placement a little to suit the flow.


3. I inked the edges of my journalling block and photo with Distress Crackle ink.


4. For the alpha, I'm using paint dabbers; and then heat it to create the raised "bubble"
Materials:
Cardstock - Core'dinations
Journalling blocks - Cosmo Cricket The Boyfriend, Early Bird and Nutmeg element cards
Others - Cosmo Cricket Early Bird border, Tim Holtz Distress Crackle paint, Adirondack Metallics acrylic paind dabber, Tim Holtz Grungeboard Alphas, Rose Moka mini alphas

Journalling:
Remember when...
...I was asking and begging God for a child, tears and frustration was always present. How little faith I have back then. God has His timing for everything and it was about 2 years of waiting for you to come into our lives. Numerous obstacles and tears along the way but was never lack of God's grace. He gave me comfort and taught me through 2 passage of scriptures; Psalms 23 and 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18.
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God;s will for you in Christ Jesus" 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18.
It was by:
-- God's grace that taught me to be patient and wait upon the Lord.
-- God's grace that gave me the surprise when I saw the positive test.
-- God's grace that help you grow big and strong in my tummy.
-- God's grace that gave me a comfortable pregnancy.
-- God's grace that gave me a safe delivery.
-- God's grace that brings you to us.
And it was to remember God's grace that we named you Grace!

4 comments:

Jess said...

beautiful beautiful pg...such sweet journaling! Love that huge G..looks so great! thanks so much for playing along this week with us at Scrapping out LOUD!

Janet's Joy said...

Love your treatment on the alphas. Thanks for playing along with twisted sketches!

paylin said...

wow ... tat's nice layout ....
takecare n happy crafting
regard
x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous LO!