Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

1st Excursion

3 months of school, and today Grace gets her first excursion. It's a Chinese New Year celebration with the old folks at an old folks home.

It was a great time for the children to learn to share and give rather than just receive during this festive season. There were lion dance, drama performance, CNY songs performance and all these were performed by just the kindy kids! Grace is involved in the CNY songs and dance.

Well, parents are required to prepare at least 5 "Ang Pows" (red packets), 5 mandarin oranges (for their kids to give to the old folks), some light snack (I prepared tuna and egg sandwiches) and dress up their kids in RED.

Grace was rather excited for this excursion and I could very easily get her to wake up this morning. Just told her, "If you're late, you are gonna miss the lion dance". She heard that, and the next moment, she's up. hehehehe......

I also taught her to say "新年快乐" and "耶稣爱你" (happy new year and Jesus loves you) to the old folks when she's giving them the "ang pows". After the event, she told me she did as I told her to. But only she, the old folk and God know......

Oh.....parents were not allowed at the event......and Grace keep reminding me that.... "Mummy, you just drop me there then you go home. You cannot go.".......sigh

And so, I dressed her up for the occasion and to my surprise, she won the Best Costume Prize......

And here's the little China Doll.....





5 comments:

Wishful Thinking said...

Very sweet. Not surprised she won best dressed! Grace looks just beautiful :-)

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Oh my little china doll niece. She is so adorable! Of course I had to show her pictures to my co-workers and they just went ooo ooo ahhh ahh. :)
I told them about meeting on MSN and how Grace sang for me but wouldn't really talk to me. That was nice that I got to "see" her.

yvonne said...

little grace is pretty in her qi pao. i love the flower details on her dress

Liana Lioe said...

She is very sweet and lovely.

Chowchow said...

She looks absolutely very very sweet YS.