Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I am going to see a tortoise

This afternoon, while we were having our lunch together, the following conversation took place:

Grace: Mummy, I'm going to see a tortoise.
Mummy: (wondering whether she's trying to coax me in bringing her in the coming school holiday)...Really, when will you go?
Grace: I am going.
Mummy: Who will bring you?
Grace: You...
Mummy: err.....When did I say I want to bring you to see tortoise?
Grace: You see, I have a bad tooth, and I need to see the tortoise to have it removed!
Mummy: (Burst into laughter)....oh....you mean a Dentist not a tortoise!

Well, I salute my daughter's courage in speaking out even when she's not very sure of the usage of English words. It's a great opportunity to learn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Gracie is adorable! It sounds like she's doing great with her English, and don't worry even those of us who have been taught English from birth, have trouble with the words sometimes!!haha
Good job Mom keep it up!

Nora (Big Sister's coworker)

Alayney said...

Oh, this is such a CUTE story! I always look forward to your blog. I love that little doll of yours!