Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Prolonged Jaundice...

Oh no....Elise has prolonged jaundice! And she had to go through a painful procedure to collect blood for further test to be done. Also, collected a sample of urine.

Well, the results came back. NO urine infection and her prolonged jaundice is NOT due to liver problem. And she is gaining weight real good. Phew....thank you Lord!

Then what could it be? Doctor is suspecting breast milk jaundice and in order to confirm that, she advised that I stop breastfeeding for a few days (from Friday noon to Monday morning). Should the SB level drop from her Friday level of 270, then it is confirmed that it is breast milk jaundice and I can then continue my breastfeeding.

As much as I am reluctant to stop breastfeeding my child, Elise is not liking the formula milk feeding too. But we have no choice but to temporarily stop it. It's very emotional for me! I don't like the feeling! But I have to learn to cope with it for just a while more.

I need to continue pumping though, to make sure I have continue production of milk. I now have lots and lots of frozen EBM!

I will continue to trust in God!

Preparing for sun bathing




1 comment:

Wishful Thinking said...

Oh no that's not good. Do hope she gets over it soon. I wouldn't like to stop breastfeeding either, but good on you for pumping. (That's not something I like doing!)
Hugs to you.
R