Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

Y-Shong Milk Produce....

I'd been an active breastfeeding mother ever since Grace was born. It started out tough and slow, but eventually we succeed into a sweet, intimate breastfeeding journey. The journey took about 3 years, it had only officially stopped when I found out that I was pregnant with my second one, last October. It has been a great experience for both mummy and Grace. And now, I'm engaging into another journey with little Elise.

Before Elise was born, Grace was determined to try some "mummy produced milk". She will remind me to please pump some and put into a cup for her. Even after my delivery, when she sees me breastfeed Elise at the hospital, she was determined that she will try some when I return home.

And so, on that one fine day when I returned home, Grace was all geared up to try on that "milk"! The outcome? Nah....she doesn't like it any more. But wait....mummy wants her to have the milk, so as to boost up her immune system. You see, ever since we stop breastfeeding last October and her attending school, she had been falling sick very often, sometimes as short as twice in a month! So, I had to add the milk secretly into her formula milk, plus some Milo and it turned out to be something that she loves! Yeah.....

Well, though I was breastfeeding actively with Grace, I was never the pumping type. The demand and supply seems to balance out nicely. But with little Elise, the supply is way way way, and I mean WAY too much as compared to the demand. So, I now have EBM enough for both my little girls. Hmmm.....I'm blessed!



1 comment:

yvonne said...

Thumbs up! Both your girls are so lucky to have continuous BM supply. It's good for all parties. Keep it up!