Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

May I have some tissue paper please?

We (Grace and I) were at one of the fast food restaurant yesterday (note: I sent my car for service, thus not able to cook a proper lunch), and while we were finishing up our burger and fries, we ran out of serviette. Having sitting very near to the counter, I wanted to give Grace a try on requesting it from the personnel there.

So, I told Grace to go over to the counter (with my watchful eyes over her), and ask "May I have some tissue paper please?" This little girl was brave enough to walk over to the counter and did as I told her, and she did not utter the question in a very shy/ timid voice, but in a very clear and loud tone. Unfortunately, these personnel, whom are suppose to be very aware of any kind of request, did not not hear her. She tried many more times, but still no response. I was kind of like, "huh? what is wrong with these people? I can hear her from where I sit, how could they not hear her?". And, I too notice all those other adult customers standing beside Grace. All they do were look at Grace and nothing else. Not a single adult make any attempt to help this little girl. Sigh....I'm disappointed.

Grace is also very disappointed. Here she is, trying her best to be brave, but no one else seems to care. I called to her to come back to where I sit, she came back but insisted on trying again to get the serviette that she needs. She went again, but was also disappointed. She insisted again (sometimes she can be very stubborn). On her third time there, finally the cleaner heard and saw her. She then is a happy girl!

Kids are ever ready to learn new things and take on new challenges, but unfortunately, sometimes, we adults just don't give them the encouragement that they need. This is sad.

1 comment:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Yes it is sad sometimes. I'm glad that she is learning so well.