Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 3, 2010

Mother's day resolution

I was at one of the shopping complex tonight, and while I was in the washroom, waiting for my turn to use the loo, I overheard this conversation.

It's a conversation between 2 teenage girls (I think they are about 14 or 15). I've no intention to eavesdrop on their conversation, but they were standing too near to me.

Girl A: I hate my mom. She'd always affect my mood (obviously from good to bad; and this really call for my attention - what did the mother do?)
Girl B: Ya know, whenever I go back late at night, once I open the door, she will be there nagging me. I won't bother her. I will go straight up to my bedroom.
Girl A: If I ever do that to her (mom), she will surely teach me a lesson.
Girl B: Lock you room door la!

Wow! Nowadays, teenagers have no respect at all to their parents! Do they realize how much sacrifice their parents, especially their mom made for them?

But, when I cooled down, and begin to think about it, the parents themselves have to pay a big portion of the responsibility for what happened to their sons/ daughters today. Many times, all we do is providing them with material stuff, and do we really care for their hearts? Maybe we want, but sometimes, we just missed it!

It also hit me. Will my daughters have the same conversation in the future? Will them go astray too?

And thus, I made a note to myself, and this will be my resolution.

"I MUST do all I can to shepherd their hearts. Guide them in the right path. Tackle their heart, instead of aiming for temporary correction of the exterior. Teach them the words of God. Teach them to fear the Lord. Submit them in the hands of the Lord."

"Lord, help me be a better parent."

2 comments:

yvonne said...

I remember my teens clearly. I was a rebellious child, too. And at some times, thought my mother nagged me too much. But after being a mother myself, I appreciate my mother more than ever and sort of realized she meant good for me then.

I have the same concern as you. Will I catch my children in the same conversation like you've heard? *sigh* Motherhood is tough!

Hubby Moses said...

My Dearest, even though I never wrote any comment to your post since before (which I feel so guilty about that), I read every single post of yours. All of them are lovely, lively & inspiring. Most importantly I know you are there at home to take care of our little one(s) so I can focus on my work. I thank God for bringing you & the little one(s) into my life.I m so touch to read this post till I decided to comment how greatful I m in knowing how much you care of the little one(s).I totally agree that shepherding their hearts to live godly are the best we can give to them. Nothing else. Lets work hard together. Still long way to go. On behalf of our babies, wish you Happy Mother's day !