Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 20, 2011

Family Booklet

I have mixed feelings for mini albums....I love their size...I love that they are in one theme...but....it stressed me out when I'm creating a mini album...I could go from full of inspiration and oomph to complete it....to no mood at all to touch it...or even see it....sigh...and then there's storage problem...I don't have that many place to showcase my mini albums and if I keep them away...then it will be a waste of effort!..

So, when I saw this challenge for Scrap-It-Lah
, though I have plenty of products packaging in my stash (I have this habit of keeping them...especially if they are pretty), I put-off the idea, for fear that I may not have the "strength" to complete it......until I saw this yesterday..I get inspired right away and thought of making an album for my little nephew, Stanley, who lives in the US.

And so, I made this little mini album today....it features everyone in our family, with their birthday (just in case his mother forgets..hehehe), and Chinese words of who we are.....my parents will hand carry this to their little grandson when they visit in July....

Here's the mini album....(apologize for the bad photos....evening is not a good time to take photos in my house...every where seems so glare)

A very simple album cover....

The page on the left is decorated by Ms Grace...the embellishment on the bottom right...I fuzzy cut from Basic Grey product packaging...

The mini calendar is a gift from Smidapaper (Penang's only LSS)...

Again, I fuzzy cut the design on the Basic Grey packaging

The "cards" on the right...I cut out from the tiny pieces of promo papers (not sure what they are called) that come with my Studio Calico kit (yes...I keep them too)

That girl figure on the left is from Grace's toys packaging and the care it is on is some key chain packaging...hehehe...seems that I'm keeping everything

4 comments:

Wishful Thinking said...

Thankyou for your kind words :-) Glad you were insprired heheee
Your album is lovely ... and I too keep the little advertising bits from the studio calico kits heheee - love how you used them in your album, great idea.
I am sure your little nephew will love that album.
I keep most of my mini albums in a basket on the coffee table. They do get a little bit damaged, but that's part of it. I do enjoy watching the kids pick them up and sit down and look at them though. (I just have to watch Samuel as he's a bit rough!!) :-)

Amelia Khalik said...

Hi yeong, thank you for ur time and effort playing along at SIL. This mini is so precious indeed. Love that u managed to put good used of those packaging and i bet it would be a treasured gifts as well. Thanks for sharing a fab mini! :)))

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love this! Thank you so much for making it for Stanley. I know he will cherish it(well, right now he will try to chew it, hehe).
Oh by the way, Stanley's mother, aka me, still remember all your birth-dates.

BINTUHAN SUMATERA WILD CIVET COFFEE said...

wow cretive you are a perfect mother, enjoy your happiness...
http://wildcivetcoffee.blogspot.com/