Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 9, 2012

Embarking on recording life the creative way...Project Life

Ever since I started scrapbooking, I was hooked. I love that I can use my creativity to preserve those precious memories and that all the photos that we take are not only kept in disc and computer hard disk...I know these albums will be precious in the future....there was once Grace took out the albums and started looking at her baby stories and it was fun.....

As much as I want to scrap everyday....that really is no workable when I have 2 sticky glues and a household to mend....and so, due to us moving to the new house....I've stopped creating layouts for like 4 months....gosh....that was long....

I came to realize that when life caught up with me....I create less and less.....but I still want to keep all those memories and print out those photos!!!!

After much consideration and calculator pressing....I finally pre-ordered my Project Life kit in November, waited for about 1 month and was so excited to receive my package.....Project Life is so talked about these days in the scrapbooking community.....as for my non-scrapbooking friends...Project Life is "a back to basics approach to memory keeping". You can read more about it here. (note: I'm not getting paid for telling you this..)

And so, I am now happily taking photos everyday, making notes everyday and creating the pages in my Project Life album every week....I will still make scrapbook layouts on those bigger/ special events....

After reading through the blogs of fellow Project Lifers....I get ready for 2012....

I organized my stuff nicely...
I prepared a weekly diary with pockets for recording and keeping memorabilia.

I put together the title page (still missing a photo of daddy and the girls)

We're now onto the 2nd week of 2012....and yesterday I get the spread for the 1st week ready....

1st week and I already have an additional insert...1 side of the insert is for the welcoming of 2012 at church while the other side is Grace's school activities sheet..
Here's the spread without the insert
The right page
The left page



3 comments:

Wishful Thinking said...

Your album looks great. Very colourful. I started to PL last year and got 4 weeks done then my printer broke ... so that was the end of that. (Printer still isn't fixed either which is SO frustrating! I keep suggesting we get a new one heehee). Good luck with completing it - I am sure you will though, you are probably more organised than me ;-)

lam said...

Hi
I stumbled upon your blog over at Big Picture. Your first few pages of your project life album is beautiful. I myself am totally new to Project life so thanks for the inspiration

Anonymous said...

No one cares, seriosuly.