Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Banana Muffin or Muffin Chocolate?

I got this banana muffin recipe from a friend's blog earlier and had tested on it during Chinese New Year. It was nice and is great for breakfast. So, I though of baking it again and will be doing so often in future. Maybe I may change banana to other fruits.

So I decided to bake it again yesterday. With me alone with Grace at home, I have no one to help look after Grace while I bake my muffins. So I decided to include Grace in the baking process. The recipe was a simple one, no beating required, just folding in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.

We started off by letting Grace help in measuring the ingredients. She did well, off course with my help. Next was smashing the banana. This part was fun. She did help up but ended up eating more and more of my mashed banana while saying, 好吃 (pronounced as "hao chi" meaning taste good). Then she notice something which is her favourite....chocolate chips! From then on, she keep on asking me "要放这个吗" (pronounced "yao fang zhe ge ma" meaning do you want to put this in). Oh my, oh my...she can be a bit of a nuisance.

When she finally get to put in the chocolate chips, she was so happy. What did she do? She drop one or two chips in the muffin mould, then put one or two into her own mouth. She did this on and on. She sure loves her chocolate.

She finally starts to make noise when I was cleaning up all the mess while waiting for the muffin to bake. When the first tray was ready, she immediately asked me to try it. The results....she loves it! Especially those with chocolate chips!

2 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

I love banana muffins and banana bread. I have a recipe I made up for Coconut bread, which you could make it into muffins. I will email you the recipe.

Anonymous said...

hi..we here at ramsco have been watching gracie grow froma teeny tny baby to an adorable, sweet toddler!!! you're a great mom. oh...i'm your sister's friend!