Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Imaginary Play

There's this little empty bubble bottle with a wand that I wash and keep in my room. I don't know why I keep it, until recently. Grace and daddy were playing with that little bottle. What did they play? Imaginary bubbles! Ohh...gosh, not enough of real-life bubbly fun, now imaginary bubbly fun time!

Well, I just let it be. Since that fateful day, Grace kept on playing with this empty bubble bottle. Today, just before I write this post, which is just before she's in her usual afternoon nap, she was having imaginary bubbly fun! I tried role playing with her. I told her I will pretend to be baby, while she pretends to be mummy. Here's how it goes:

**Conversations are in mandarin. These are the english translation.
Mummy: (role-baby)....Whimpering. "Mummy, I want to play bubbles!"
Grace: (role-baby).....pretending to pour bubble solution from an imaginary bottle, then came over, pass me the imaginary bottle.
Mummy:....whimpering. "Mummy I want that one!" (pointing to the actual bubble bottle)
Grace: holding the actual bubble bottle away from me. "No. That's mine. You take this." Handing me the imaginary bottle.
Mummy: cry and sob. "No. I want that one."
Grace: Run over to the side. Put everything on the shelf. "Mummy, don't cry. This is yours." Then hand me the imaginary bottle.
Mummy: Accepted the imaginary bottle, then starts to wave the imaginary wand.
Grace: "No, no. Not wave, blow."
Mummy: **Dumb** how do I know what type it is when it is something that she imagine!

Er.....not sure if I have confuse you. Just want to give you a feel of the play that we had.

No comments: