Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mummy, I love you! (Mummy, 我爱你!)

This is the sweetest thing! To hear Grace say "Mummy, 我爱你" (pronounced "wo ai ni" meaning I love you). Well, how could you ever resist anything that she request after hearing these 4 sweet words? Let me tell you, Grace sure knows her way around! (**wink wink**)

We always teach Grace that she must not shout or whimper when asking for something or a favour. She will need to say the powerful word "Please" politely. We also taught her that she will need to tell everyone (i.e. family members) that she loves them. Okay....now she knows how to please people around her, especially her dear mummy.

This is what happens today. When daddy came home today (late, as usual), I told her to go give daddy a hug, then say "Daddy, 我爱你". She did accordingly, making the daddy smiling from ear to ear.

When it was time for bed, I was still chatting with daddy in the room. Then came this little girl face-to-face with me:

Grace: Mummy, 我爱你! (repeated this a thousand times!)
Mummy: Yes, mummy 也爱你. (pronounced "ye ai ni" means Mummy also loves you)
Grace:
Mummy, 我爱你! (again, continue to repeat)
Daddy: Baby, 你没有讲 Daddy, 我爱你啊? (pronounced "ni mei you jiang" means why don't you tell daddy that you love me)
Mummy: Asking her to say "Daddy, I love you"
Grace: Whimper a little.....我刚才讲了吗! (pronounced "wo gang cai jiang le ma" meaning I already say so just now)
Daddy: Speechless......
Grace:
Mummy, 我爱你! (again, repeating it).....mummy, 我要 "nen nen". (mummy I want "nen nen")
Mummy: Speechless.......

This whole "Mummy, 我爱你" thingy is her foreword to the request that she's gonna make!