Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A precious gift from GOD

**This is a write-up of my testimony during Parent's Day (joint celebration of Mother and Father's day) Sunday Service at my church in June 2007**

This year's Parent's Day (both mother' and father's day) is extremely special to Moses (my hubby) and I. We not only celebrate it as children to our parents, but also as parents to Grace-佳韵 (our little precious).

Since becoming a parent myself, I came to understand more and am more greatful to my parents for their love and care towards me. From the very start of pregnancy, the uncomfortable feeling during pregnancy, the excitement of waiting, the pain during labour, the changes in lifestyle after the baby is born and sacrifices made. Twenty nine years of giving in and support

During this Parent's Day, I want to give thanks to my Father above for giving me such loving parents and mother in law. Not only that, He also guided me in every way of my life and keep on shower me with His many blessings

Only my family members and a few closed friends knew about my first (well, sort of) pregnancy and then the miscarriage in March 2003. During then, I only have the joy of being pregnant for about 2 weeks and then all is gone. There's no heart beat. Back then, I kept asking God why? Why? Why? Why had He given me the child then take it away? As time goes by, I began to put this incident to the past but deep down inside my heart, I am not spiritually healed.

A year and a half later, hubby and I started to put action into our plan for a baby. But no matter how hard we tried, there's still no good news. I became very anxious and stressed every time of the month. Beg God for His mercy on how little faith I have in Him. I started to question God again and to a certain extend blaming Him. The past incident came back to haunt me.

Our dear God is a merciful God, through 2 seperate message from Pastor Hong Mei Yu, one from Psalm 23 another from 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, I was hit in the face. I realized how little faith and trust I have in God. I started to think and realized that God is teaching me. Teaching me to trust in Him whole heartedly. He also wants me to be rejoice at all times and pray to Him. He wants me to learn that He has His timing in everything. My prayer started to change from "God I want a baby, please give me a baby" to telling God my heart's desire and ask God to provide at His time and based on His plans for me.

At the same time when I was hoping for a child, God did not forsake me. He keeps on giving marvelous opportunities for promotion in my career and a lifetime chance of travelling to India FOC. Then, when He thinks the timing is right, He gave me the precious gift in March 2006. I still remember the shock and surprise when I found out that I am pregnant, the first time I saw the heartbeat!

Really give thanks to God, He guided me through out the pregnancy, though my tummy was extremely big, I have very minimal morning sickness and little uncomfortable. He also leads me through a safe labour experience (will talk more on this in my other post).

It is still a long way to go in raising this precious little one. In this journey, I will need my parents, mother in law, and most of all my Father above to guide me and teach me. I will hold on to His hands forever because I know and believe, His blessing is for a lifetime.
“主的恩典乃是一生之久。”

"1The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 2He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,3he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." ~ Psalm 23

"16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." ~ 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

No comments: