Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 9, 2009

Highland retreat

This was rather a last minute arrangement. Hubby and I kinda talk about it 2 weeks ago but we did not make any reservation as hubby is busy with work and his work schedule may not permit a short breakaway! Only till last Tuesday hubby could confirm that a short trip is possible.

So, there I was busy getting the hotel reservation confirmed. We managed to get a cheaper rate from cuti.com.my as compared to the hotel walk-in-rate. It was not until Thursday evening that everything was confirmed. But when I was ready to print the vouchers at night, I noticed that they got my check-in date wrong!?! Oh dear! Luckily I was able to get things amended the next morning and the person arranged for me to check-in with the hotel without the voucher. Phew!

We wanted something different than the normal hotel settings, so this time we got ourselves a room at The SmokeHouse, Cameron Highlands. It was an English Tudor style hotel which was build was back in 1939. The experience was a good one.

I always like heritage, and this was perfectly my style. Our room name is Croft and it is in a building annex to the main house. It is a room for 3, with a queen sized bed and a single bed. Initially we thought that we could join the 2 beds and make a super size bed for the 3 of us, but later we found out that the single bed was located at a small corner of the room.

So there we were, spending time with our small sweet family, enjoying the colonial ambiance, pamper ourselves to lots of vegetables, tea and scones. Ahh....talking about scones. There's this cafe, named T Cafe at Tanah Rata which serves really nice home-made scones. I loved it so much that I purchased the scones mixture to bake it myself.

There's this one little thing that I want to blog on this trip. It's the long bath in our room (I mean in the bathroom). When we first arrived, hubby was busy bringing in the luggage and putting it in the right place, while I was busy taking photos of the "un-touched" condition of our room, what then is Grace doing? She too join in the fun by walking around the room, spotting things that interest her. What did she found? The long-bath! When she spotted it, no one was with her in the bathroom. She quickly ran out, calling for her daddy, took her daddy's hand, led him into the bathroom, pointing to the long bath and asked "这个什么来的" (pronounced "zhe ge shen me lai de" meaning, what is this?). Now, she'd seen and used this when she was about 11 months old, and seen it in her uncle's house in Shanghai. Maybe she just want to confirmed her interpretation on the long bath.

Hubby explained the used of the long bath. What did we do in the end? Grace in the long bath (off course with water in it)! What happen subsequently when she sees the long bath? She will pretend that she doesn't know the use of long bath and ask "这个拿来做什么的" ("zhe ge na lai zuo shen me de" means what is this for). Her purpose? To asked for permission to take a "swim" in the long bath! Ah.....how cheeky! And this is not one or two times, it was all day long!

Here's some photos of the Smokehouse and the room where we stay. The rest of the photos are in my facebook album, Cameron Highlands Mar'09. Enjoy!

There's daddy and Grace at the garden with Smokehouse as background!
Here's a view of the Smokehouse.
Exterior view of our room, or our "house".
That's our room. It's a rectangle-shaped room.
Here's the other end of the room. The bath and the single bed is just a little further down. If you look closely, you could see Grace checking out the bathroom.