Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tricked you!!!

Nope....it is not I tricked Grace...it was the other way round!

I really do not know how and where Grace learn all these tricks. She's indeed very mischievous. She will think of ways to get away what she dislikes and ended up with what she likes and hope for.

Situation 1:
As I mentioned earlier, we wanted to wean Grace from breast milk. Since we travelling to Cameron Highlands during the weekend and we don't want a grouchy baby, I allowed Grace to breastfeed during the 3 days there, but with some ground rules. But in the end, rules were not followed.

Conversations are all in Chinese, here's the translation:
During night time or nap time
Mummy: Ok, let's not drink "nen nen"
Grace: Mummy, a little "nen nen" is enough. I will sleep after that.
What happen next, she breastfeed until she dozed off. Or sometimes, when you breastfeed her, she will initially say a little, then later on she says she wants a lot.

Situation 2:
Every morning, I will bath Grace, let her have her vitamin C, then she will "help" prepare her milk (formula milk), after Grace finishes her milk, she will "help" spread butter and jam on the bread, then both mother and daughter sit down for breakfast. Now:
Mummy: Let's make milk.
Grace: No..........I want to eat bread first or I want to eat bread now.
Mummy: Then you drink milk after you eat bread
Grace: Ok or sometimes nod her head
Moments later (after she finishes her bread)
Mummy: Come, drink your milk!
Grace: I don't want.....I want bla bla bla.....
If you force her, she will scream and cry

There are many more situations! Really gives me a headache! How then can I wean her?

No comments: