Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Crepe for lunch

I'm tired of cooking the same old "rice+dishes" for Grace's lunch. Everyday, there's 1 soup, 1 vegie and 1 egg/meat (pork or chicken)/fish. Although we have different dishes everyday (but repeat in the other week), I've grown tired to preparing the same thing day in day out.

Today I woke up thinking of making something different. To be frank, I'm not very adventurous/ creative when it comes to cooking. I'm better in scrapbooking..... anyway, I look up my book of "Cooking with kids" in search of something special. Now, there's one more problem that I have. My household is also very conservative when it comes to cooking, so you could expect minimum "special" ingredients available in my kitchen. And, don't know how to find substitute.

Now what? I flipped through the pages and I saw this recipe for Basic Crepe. Now this is simple and I have all the ingredients. But, a growing toddler can't be having only crepe for lunch! So I flipped the pages again, till a recipe for some Fajitas came to sight. Then I was inspired and I knew Grace will love these.

And so I made the crepes and roasted some pork and chicken meat. Those meat are marinated first with soy sauce, garlic oil and pepper.

Grace enjoyed making a mess while I was preparing the crepes and later enjoyed making the wraps. And most of all, we had a balanced and tasty lunch. I will leave you with some photos.










After lunch, Grace flipped through the same book and said, "Let's find something to make for daddy."

3 comments:

Wishful Thinking said...

Your daughter is very cute :-) Aaron is reading over my shoulder and he thinks she's like Maddison hehehee He also said that's a yummy lunch! LOL guess what he'll be asking me to make tomorrow hehehee

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

She is so independent!

yvonne said...

I'm gonna steal your idea for my children's lunch. Great and healthy one!