Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Juggling Balls

Well, here's the story of the juggling balls that I mentioned earlier, here.

Now, Grace had been watching Hi-5 (Australian cast) since she was like 8 months old (or it may be earlier) and since she was hooked! Just like how I was hooked to scrapbooking....grin. This is the only show that she likes and will watch at this moment. No other cartoons, not that I don't allow, it's she refuses, for some reason. Might be fear of the characters.

Anyway, back to my story. I must say, she learned a lot from the Hi-5 series, especially on some English words (you see, we speak to her mainly in Mandarin and only a little of English), and she picked up her singing and dancing skills there too. Though she's very talented in both. Well, whenever she sees something new from the show, she will ask, "Can Jia Yun (her name) do that?". If I answer this, "Yes", she will follow with, "Mummy, I want". LOL. So this juggling thing, she once saw and asked and ended up saying, "Mummy, when you go to Borders, please buy the juggling balls for me". After a few months of saying the same, I finally decided to get her a juggling book and kit. I know, I know, she won't be able to jug (or even start practicing) until she's older, but let's just say this is to save my ears! But it ended up me being a clown! Sigh...sigh.

So that day, I think it's a Monday, while having dinner, I told her to quickly finish up her dinner so we could go Borders. Actually, it's me whom wanted to get a scrapbooking/ card making magazine there. But as soon as she heard, "Borders", she says, "Mummy, please buy the juggling balls". So I drove her to Queensbay Mall. The car park was amazingly quite full for a weekday, forcing us to make a few rounds in search of a parking space. This then is our little conversation:

Mummy: Hmmm....no place to park. So many cars today.
Grace: Why so many people?
Mummy: Because, they are here for shopping.
Grace: Why they are here shopping?
Mummy: (just to tease the little girl)....they are here to buy the juggling balls.
Grace: (starts to panic).....Then, after they buy, there's no more juggling balls for me! Mummy, quick...run to Borders.

And just because I tease her, I get to run to Borders....

(just a little update on my progress in juggling balls: still looks like a silly clown, dropping all the balls)

1 comment:

Chowchow said...

Thats too cute YS. My kids grew up watching Crocodile Hunter, Wiggles and Hi-5. Now they think these shows are too baby-ish. Time flies so fast. Can't wait for your update on juggling balls...