Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

A little conversation with the little one

Firstly, I'm not pregnant or planning on the 2nd one as yet. Just in case you thought I am after reading this post.

Recently, Grace have had great times getting to know and get together with her cousins (children of my cousins). And there was this one little brother that she likes most, he was Qi Xian (my cousins, Khai Hong's son). Qi Xian is about 1 year 4 months (I think). Graces love to play with him, care for him, wanted as much to carry him and to an extreme, wanted to bring him home to stay with us. At one point, she told me (as instructed by her uncle (my brother) and her grandma (my mother), "Mummy, please give me a little brother, so that I "bao bao" (carry) him". LOL!

So I took this great opportunity to ask her several questions in regards of her being an elder sister. Here's our little conversation:

Grace: Mummy, I want a "di di" (little brother).
Mummy: Really? Will you love him?
Grace: Yes.
Mummy: Who will care for him?
Grace: I will.
Mummy: If baby cries, will you sooth him?
Grace: Yes.
Mummy: What if "di di" wee wee or pooh pooh?
Grace: He can use my potty. (wow, so generous?)
Mummy: Can you then wash him up?
Grace: Yes I can. I'm big "che che" (sister) now.
Mummy: Can you teach "di di" to read and stuff?
Grace: I can.
Mummy: "di di" wants to drink mummy's "nen nen" (means being breastfed), can he?
Grace: Yes, both of us drink together!
Mummy: .....dumb!
Mummy: Where does "di di" sleep?
Grace:...fingers pointing to a specific location. "Di di" sleeps on my bed.
Mummy: Where do you sleep then?
Grace: I sleep on mummy's bed.
Mummy: Mummy?
Grace: Sleeps beside me.
Mummy: Daddy?
Grace: Sleeps with "di di" (still, she wants to own me)

There you go...the mind of a 2-year-8-month old girl.

1 comment:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Very cute! So, do you and Moses plan to have a second child?