Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 24, 2009

A week of mourning

This was a sad week for my family, the Ngs and the Tans. Our beloved Ah Kong (grandpa) passed away on Wednesday at 20:18.

In my previous post, I mentioned that I together with my parents and little girl will be in KL for a week to take a glimpse of my brother's house. But we cut short our trip and rush back on Tuesday night.

My Ah Kong was already ill for the pass weeks and the illness had get critical on Tuesday. One side of his lungs fail (he had pneumonia) to function and thus having breathing difficulties.

On Wednesday at around 3p.m. the hospital called notifying us that he's critical and requested that we bring him home. And so arrangement was made for him to be sent to my uncle's house. At that time, a booster dose was given to boost his heart beat and at around 4pm the drips was removed and he was on his own determination.

All his 3 children (2 uncles and my mom) and a few of his grandchildren was with him during the last journey of his life. We were all by his side. It was very obvious that he's waiting for more grandchildren, especially his eldest grandson, whom was rushing all the way from Pulau Pangkor (2-3 hours aways from Penang) to reach. There were 2 occasion when he stopped breathing but with our persistent calling, he breath right on. But unfortunately on the 3rd time, it was really his last breath and so he left us. We were all so sad and cried.

My Ah Kong was a good man and lived a good life. He gave us very good example. For his whole life, he was hardworking, honest, humble and mellow. Though he was the head of the Tans, he never ever dictate his children and grandchildren. And even in his later years, and suffering from stroke (his entire right side was paralyzed), he kept on equipping himself with latest news, work and move the most he can. I want to give honour to this great man in our life!

Here's some photos so share (more for the benefit of my elder sister, whom is unable to be back to pay tribute to our dear Ah Kong):

His very last moment

His very last moment




3 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Er Chie,

I cannot thank you enough for doing this for me. It's very heartbreaking for me knowing that I cannot attend my own grandpa's funeral.
Yes, Ah Kong was a very good and gentle man. He lived a good life.
Thank you again for posting this.

Love,
Ta Chie

rab said...

I AM SO SORRY FOR HEARING OF YOUR GRANDPA'S PASSING! PLEASE KNOW THAT HE & YOUR FAMILY WILL BE IN MY THOUGHTS & PRAYERS.

WITH SYMPATHY...RENEE' & FAMILY

Anonymous said...

Yeongshe and family,

My deepest sympathies on the passing of your Grandpa. 4 months ago I lost my Grandmother and still I'll go to call her for advice and realize she's not there. They are such a large part of our lives. I'm sorry you have to go through such a sad time. Try to remember all the fun and laughter and it will get easier in time.

Your friend, Nora