Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

You must be thinking, aren't it a little early for this post? Well, when it comes to remembering and honouring our fathers, everyday is father's day. And, when there's a reason and idea to scrap, there's never a time too late or a time too early!

Well, in celebrating Father's Day in June, Scrap-n-Crop.com's kit club has put together a "Dad My Hero" kit for June. Being a member of the club, the kit was mailed to me together with my other purchase on Wednesday. When I first open up the kit, I looked at it and then go blank! It was totally not my style at all. I like bright colours, girlish and flowery style, not brown, vintage and boyish style! I looked and looked and looked again. What to do with all these? This is really a challenge to me.

Well, after going through the kit over and over and over again, I finally "saw" this piece of patterned paper and I knew what I can do with it. This,Journalling ~ Your daddy's shoulder is always your shoulder to cry on whenever I scold you. And daddy is always the one carrying you when there's a lot of walking to do. Always remember that daddy is always there for you and now he works so hard, all because of you. Daddy used to be afraid of flying insects, but now, so as to protect you, he overcome his fear. Remember, Your Daddy is Your Hero!

Materials: Fancy Pants Designs Papa Title Stips pp, Sharon Ann family stickers, My Mind's Eye Growing Up tag, Rose Moka Alpha, the photo mat and swirls were embossed and die cut respectively using my new CuttleBug.

What to do with the rest of the materials in the kit? Well, I planned to make a vintage family album, "The Chees" Mini Album. Now collecting all the photos and once done I will set sail and create!

1 comment:

Leena said...

Wonderful journaling and tribute to daddy! :)