Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 14, 2009

A little something to share

As usual, I'm a little late in making my post. This time, a little later means 1 day. I wanted to share this on Saturday, but I didn't. So I make it at the very last few minutes of today.

On Saturday, Grace wanted to have a crafting session. So we went into our little shared study room cum my craft room for that particular session.

Mummy: What do you want to do? I'll give you scissors and paper, ok?
Grace: No. I want to do mummy's craft! (Mummy 的手工, pronounced "de shou gong")
Mummy: Ok, which one? (she's played with my clear stamps too)
Grace: The one that you put the thing in then roll, roll, roll. Nah (pointing to the shelf that I store my machine), there!
Mummy: (Gosh, she wants my cuttlebug and even knows where I store it!) Ok, let's decorate your album.

And so, we die cut and emboss some flowers and then some swirls. When we were ready to put all the pieces together, hubby and mother-in-law wanted to go buy durians and being Grace, she wanted to follow but still wants to decorate her album. So she told me, she's gonna finish the album when she's back. Her mummy, being an impatient lady (especially when it comes to completing her craft), couldn't wait longer for the kiddo to be back, so I started putting all the pieces together (to form a nice layered flower) and then glue it in place. Knowing Grace may ask for it when she returns, I left out two for her to glue it on. I tidy up the place a little.

Sure enough, when that little girl returns, she immediately cried when she saw the tidy room. "I want to glue, I want to glue!" I quickly took out the leftover and let her complete the masterpiece. But, gluing 2 pieces of flower is NOT ENOUGH! She wants some more, so no choice, I let her help with putting down the letters for the album title.

Here's her in action. Followed by "her" (as she claimed to her daddy and later to our visitors) masterpiece. Then followed by her first album, which is now containing 50 layouts and is very heavy.





And I thought it will be also good to share some pictures of my craft area/ room. It's a shared study for the family. In the morning, Grace will have her learning and play session here as well, and during late night, it's my creative space. (Ta Chie, here's a sneak of my new place that you have not had a chance to see)..err that's a note to my elder sister, whom is my faithful blog follower.

Here's the room. It's a small room. You could see
Grace's mini table, chair and her toy car!

This is the table for my computer, printer and of
course the place where I work on.

Here's the open shelf with my magazines and albums.

Here's the cupboard full of my "treasures", which
initially started off with just the maroon/brown case.

That cupboard is not enough. Here's another drawer full of goodies.

1 comment:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

That little Grace, she is as talented as her mother!
Thank you for showing me some photos of your new place. Hopefully one day I'll get to see it in person.

Love,
Ta Chie