Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Toilet training!!!

I know, I know. I'd blog on this numerous time, here, here and here. And now, I'm still writing on it. It's a process that takes time and one that you can't push too hard on.

Initially, I was pushing Grace too hard on this too. And she will often get scolding from me whenever she made a puddle on the floor. I keep on asking myself, how could I make it easier for both of us. Then I came across this "friend's" post, and I got the idea.

I told Grace that she will be given a treat whenever she notify me of her "wee wee" need and then wee in her potty. And so it all begun. She was excited. And so it went on smoothly. At one point, she even manipulate the treat offer. Whenever I asked her if she wants to "wee wee", she would tell me no. But seconds later, she will tell me she's got the need to. Then, there's the treat (you see, I told her, she will only get her treat if she tells me not when I ask her to).

Nevertheless, the treat giveaway really does the trick. Now she's almost 95% trained and now the treat part is not so important anymore. She sometimes forgot to ask for one too. Next month, I will start to let her go diaper-less whenever we're out. Let's hope for the best!