Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Making Friends

Friday (again, a back-dated post), I brought Grace down to the recreational area at our condominium. She told me she wants to play slide and swing at the playground. When we were just entering the area, we met Simon, our property manager, whom always offer Grace sweets whenever we meet him. So, Grace happily followed him to his office and took 2 sweets.

While we were at the playground, Grace passed the sweets to me for me to hold on to it, while telling me that she will eat it when we go back upstairs. Then, this little girl just sat and sat and sat at the mini staircase to the slide. So, I asked why she's not playing. She told me, she'd finished playing and want to go back home. Already?!? Knowing my own daughter, I gave her the sweets and she then happily played, until.....a bunch of little girls came swimming.

Again, she stood and stood and stood there staring at the bunch of little girls. I told her, we're not swimming cause we'd just went for a swim on Thursday. So she settled (for a moment) with just playing water by the side of the baby pool. One of the little girl came and played with her, which made her a little happier. Later, I saw the big disappointment and longing in her face and finally decided to get changed and join the little girls in the pool.

Wow, you must see her excitement. I don't have my camera with that time, but it was something like 5 times the excitement in the below photos.


She then played happily. The little girl (maybe 4 or 5 years of age) that played with her earlier, came and talked to Grace. Here's their conversation:

Little girl: 你是什么学校的? (which school did you go to?) 我是 kiddiland 的。(my school is kiddiland)
**some how Grace got the questions wrongly
Grace: 钱佳韵 (pronounced "qian jia yun" - her Chinese name) LOL

Then the little girl went to play with other little girls.

The very next day, Grace was calling that little girl, "Kiddiland 姐姐" (pronouced "jie jie" meaning elder sister). So, I explained to her that the girl is asking her the school rather than her name. Then Grace said, "我的学校是教会" (meaning, my school is church)! Hmmm...not bad, at least she knows!

No comments: