Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 8, 2009

This and that

Since the very first day I started blogging, I've never had a post that talked about bits and pieces of many things or events. All my post (ahem..I'm proud of it) were given proper title (*-* grin). But today, I feel like talking a little (in fact very brief) of everything that took place for the past 3 days. It was a long weekend for hubby as he had a replacement holiday today in celebration of Agong's Birthday and surprisingly there's no work phone calls for him these 3 days!

Not going to mention Saturday's events. You could read it from here. On Sunday, like any other Sunday, we went to church for our Sunday Service. After which, hubby had a committee meeting. Grace and I waited with other youngsters (waiting for their parent's or transport) for almost 2 hours. On the way back, we bought economy rice for lunch. At home, we ate the rice. It was already 3pm then, so we headed to the room for afternoon nap. Guess what? Grace thinks otherwise. So, again mummy and daddy had their nap, with a background "music" of Grace singing, talking and laughing all by herself.

At 5pm, we drove off to Youth Park for our outdoor activities. There, hubby played caption with the rest of the gang, while I took Grace to the children playground. Then we played ball. After that, we went for dinner at a coffee shop (err...or maybe a food court).

Back home, took our bath and the adults again, wanted Grace to go to bed (considering she did not take her afternoon nap when she woke up at 8.15am in the morning). Being a kid, she objects. Off course, the adults won. And within like 30 minutes, she knock-off. Then it was total "freedom" for the mummy! Hubby went out to relax at Starbucks while mummy dive into her obsession, scrapbooking!

This morning, I decided not to go out for breakfast as I was expecting something to be delivered. So hubby and mother-in-law took Grace out. I was hoping to get some time to surf the internet, but ended up "cleaning" my room (my room is not that dirty, just there's dust everywhere as there are many renovation going on), sweeping the floor and peel and cut the mangos (all 5 of them ripe). This I had to go a little detail. As I was peeling the mango, I remembered, long time ago, when I was young, my siblings and I used to fight over who gets to eat the mango seed. And I was laughing away this morning, now I get to eat all 5 seeds! Finished the "cleaning" up the seeds, I went to "my" craft room, sat on the chair, touch a key on my computer and "click" the wooden door of my house crack open and in came the little girl! And I was hoping I get to surf the internet!

Grace only nap for about 30 minutes and the whole afternoon, she was making whirlwind in the house. Went shopping awhile in the evening. Again, Grace protested when I wanted to tuck her to bed at 9.30pm. And again, she knock-off after about 30 minutes.

Now something on my obsession. I mentioned above, I was expecting something. It was some of my scrapbook materials, needed an embossing pad to use with my CuttleBug. And there's a Junkitz Tool Bag designed by Tim Holtz included in the package. It's a free gift from Scrap-n-crop.com for purchases about RM300 (remember, I bought lots of tools earlier). Love the tool bag. It now houses my cutting tools and punches.

And here's a layout I did in the afternoon.
Sketch #23 from 52 sketches...52 weeks
Materials: Core'dinations cardstock, Tim Holtz idea-ology Grungeboard alphas (inked it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fired Brick), Autumn Leaves Stampology Floral Border clear stamp, nature wrapping paper from my stash, flower from Scrappingchix

No comments: