Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Doctor's Fan

For some unknown reason Grace likes to visit the doctor. Maybe it is because she does not get to do so very often. You see, I had been breastfeeding her since day one I meet her and never stop till today (err...more of like I couldn't get her to wean now). And I can be the best witness of how good breastfeeding to both the mummy and daughter. She had not had very serious illness since she was very young. Even when the adults in our household were very sick, she will not get it. My mother-in-law whom was not so confident with the goodness of breastfeeding also change her view point on breastfeeding. Well, today's post is not about breastfeeding, just couldn't help but promote it a little here.

Yesterday was a very simple day with our daily routine and usual food. At night we went to church for a "Rice Dumpling Night" fellowship where we compete to make the best rice dumpling. We had some floor mat on the floor and Grace was so excited running up and down the hall and lying and touching the floor mat. Unfortunately, being my daughter, she had some trait of allergy to dirt and dust. We were not aware of this previously. Later at night, we noted that there's red spots (smaller than mosquito bites) all over her face and body. Showed both my parents and my mother-in-law. All of us agreed that it's allergy and thought that it would disappear later.

Reaching home, as it was too late at night, I did not bath her but instead clean her hands and give her a little wipe over her body and face. Then she was off to dreamland. At about 2a.m. she woke up and started to scratch all over her body and couldn't get on with her sleep. So we switch on the lights for inspection and noted there were quite a lot of red spots.

While we had the lights on, Grace was making fuss and whimpering for us to switch off the lights. However, at the mention of "let's bring her to the doctors so that we can get some cream or lotion to apply on the red spots", she immediately stop her whimpering, sit up and asked to be carried. And she sure looked excited to get to see the doctor. At the clinic, while waiting, she was like observing the whole area and asking this and that. It was like 2.30p.m. rather than 2.30a.m. My oh my, why does she likes going to the doctors so much?

Once home, she demanded to take medicine and apply the cream. Of course, I skip the oral medicine, provided it is really very serious and just had the lotion applied.

Today, she's feeling much better.

2 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Hey er chie,

Hope you are feeling much better yourself from your sorethroat. I hope Grace is ok with her allergic reaction.
I have been busy with work and when I'm home, I very seldom get on the computer(use it all day at work, need a break). When I get home, I want to be outside.

Yeong Shong said...

I know I know....outside in your vege garden...