Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 8, 2009

Grace! Why won't you sleep?

Sometimes I really suspect if Grace is having signs of a hyperactive child. It really scares me. I think, to some extend she's a little hyperactive. She can play on and on and on and on, so long that the thing that she's playing is fun and something that she really loves. For example, she could go to the park for like 2 hours or more, not wanting to come home, doing all these in that same visit; walk, jog, play "football", swinging (new found skilled), slit down the slides like a hundred times (a bit exaggerate here), exercise, blow bubbles. Phew.....

Is she hyperactive? Praying hard that she's not!

When it comes to sleep time, it sometimes really drives me crazy. No other person can put her to bed, only me. Sometimes when she's really tired, she may allow daddy to put her to bed, but most of the times, she's not tired when it's normal kiddies sleep time, i.e. around 10pm, she'll be full of energy. I wonder why? She may take 2 hours from the time we lights off to doze off. Argh...this sometimes bother me a lot. You see, all of my time during the day is dedicated to her, with some small intervals when she played with her grandma and uncle and aunt. Thus, I only have the time for myself (to watch my dramas, to surf the Internet, scrapbooking) after she'd call the day off. So, it's a little irritating lying down next to her, trying hard not to fall asleep myself, and persuading her to sleep.

Even on the days when I have no plans to stay awake, (meaning I went to bed together with her), she could play on and on and on, with mummy and daddy lying down silently. She would do all sorts of things, and avoid stepping on us. When she really did step on us, she would say "sorry" and then continue doing what she's doing. Sigh.....

1 comment:

Wishful Thinking said...

Congrats on your win at Scrap-n-Crop :-) Woo Hoo so lucky!

Anyway reading your post ... no I don't think your little Grace is hyperactive (you should met my two rascals!!!) She sounds a perfectly normal busy little girl if you ask me :-) Either my husband or myself have to say in our kids room as well till they are asleep (they share a room) and Maddison (she's nearly 2) can take ages to go to sleep too, she's like a yoyo in her bed! Aaron (he's nearly 4) is much better now, he's usually asleep within 10-15 minutes of the light going out.

Good luck and I am sure it won't be long and you will look back on this and think it probably wasn't so bad! :-)