Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

My First Art Retreat (Crop Party)

As promised, I'm back now to share on Scrap-n-Crop.com's art retreat on May 15th with Rachel Greig from Darkroom Door. It was a day full of "first times" for me.

We (my mom, Grace and I) reached KL on Thursday afternoon, with me giving my mom heads up on Grace's daily routine (as mom will be taking care of Grace while I attend the art retreat). My brother briefed me on the LRT and walking routes to reach Royal Selangor Club. I was so excited (as usual) to have such a great opportunity. Boy, I was so excited that I could hardly sleep at night (now, laugh your heads off if you like).

The next morning, I reach the retreat location without fuss (I'm good in directions!) and was then ready to have FUN! Sure enough, Rachel did make it a great and fun class. On top of making crafts, each of the attendee has a marvelous door gift and lucky draw gift, compliment from Scrap-n-Crop. I had some additional from Rachel herself (3 packs of Australian chocolates) and 1 set of Viva La Flora Vol 2 Rubber Stamps(for winning the 1-Day free pass for this retreat)! Great! Thanks to both, Rachel and Scrap-n-Crop.

Like I mentioned, this is my first time attending a crop party, also my first time in trying out all the techniques taught in the call, first time using rubber stamps (I mean for craft related), first time playing with distress ink and also first time experimenting with Dimensional Pearls. Not forgetting shopping for the first batch of my rubber stamps and inks collection.

Words, words, words. Where are the photos? I'm terribly sorry, I brought my camera with the intention of taking lots of photos, but it ended up stuck in my hand bag, cause I was overly concentrating in those "toys". I did managed to snap 2 though.


Now to share on my finish products (not the best though):

First class was Distress It Mini Book
Front CoverThe Mini Book (Exterior)The Mini Book (Interior)

Then, it was a layout using the crayon resist technique

The last one was making cards using Dimensional Pearls

For hubby, thanking him for supporting my interest in scrapbookingFor my mom, thanking her for taking care of GraceFor Grace, giving her credit for being such a gem

2 comments:

Wishful Thinking said...

That little distress book had such cool bright colours didn't it. And your little girl is very cute :-) Your cards a fabulous. So glad you enjoyed yourself. Happy stamping on your projects now :-)
Was lovely to met you.
Rachel

SCRAP-n-CROP said...

you finished your projects!!! Bravo!!! nice job!